1. “Preference for Dividends and Return Comovement,” (w/ Allaudeen Hameed), Journal of Financial Economics, 2018 2. “Understanding Informal Financing,” (w/ Franklin Allen and Meijun Qian) , Journal of Financial Intermediation, 2018
3. “Institutional Trading and Abel Noser Data,” (w/ Gang Hu, Koren M. Jo, and Yi Alex Wang), Journal of Corporate Finance, 2018
Selected working papers
1. “Stock-picking by Mutual Funds: Evidence from Their Trades in Family-Controlled Firms,” (An earlier version of the paper was titled, “Entrepreneurial Mutual Fund Managers”) - 2014 AFBC, 2014 FMA, 2015 AsianFA, 2016 ICAFEL, HK PolyU, Tsinghua PBC, UIBE 2. “The Geography of Institutional Investors and Initial Public Offerings,” (with Thomas Chemmanur, Jiekun Huang and Yuyuan Zhu) - 2017 FIRS, 2017 FMA, HK PolyU
3. “Noisy Signaling through Open Market Share Repurchase Programs and the Effect of Information Production by Institutions,” (w/ Thomas Chemmanur, Yingzhen Li, and Yuyuan Zhu) - 2015 EFA, 2016 FIRS, 2018 AsianFA, Univ. of Massachusetts (Boston), Lehigh Univ.
4. “Do institutions have the information to play a significant role in corporate governance? Direct evidence from institutional trading around CEO turnovers,” (w/ Thomas Chemmanur, Gang Hu, and Yingzhen Li) - EFA, FMA, SFA, Babson College, Boston College, HK PolyU, Suffolk Univ., Univ. of Rhode Island
5. “Innovation Beyond Firm Boundaries: Common Blockholders, Strategic Alliances, and Corporate Innovation," (w/Thomas J. Chemmanur, Yao Shen), - 2016 AsianFA, 2016 FMA, 2017 AEA, Baruch College, CityU of HK, Fordham, Univ. of Cincinnati, Univ. of Massachusetts Lowell
6. “Traveling Blockholder Governance: Evidence from Voluntary Adoption of Clawback Provision,” (w/ C.S. Agnes Cheng, Gang Hu, and Zeyu Sun) - 2017 AAA, 2017 AsianFA (Best Paper Award), 2017 CICF, 2017 FMA (semifinalist for Best Paper Award), 2018 ABFER 7. “Common Equity Blockholders and Diffusion of Tax Avoidance,” (with C.S. Agnes Cheng and Zeyu Sun) - 2016 AAA, 2016 AsianFA, 2018 FMA Asia, Louisiana State Univ., Sun Yat-Sen Univ.
Create your own unique website with customizable templates.